The journal of my first year as an 8th grade English teacher.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Settling In

Well, I'm 3 weeks into it now, and I'm starting to feel comfortable. My students and I are starting to understand each other; our personalities, abilities, and expectations. The room feels like our room now. It's so easy to see that they really to want to learn about everything. They have so many questions (even if I sometimes can't take the time to explore them), and so much they want to say. I forget what it's like to be a kid; everyone wants to tell you things and nobody wants to listen to you. I hope I can remember to listen sometimes. And clever things too, 2 days in a row Fernando asked me a riddle that I couldn't answer! As I get to know them, I can see that I really think I can help them learn and that is making me begin to relax, if I can keep up with my grading that is! :)
Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home