The journal of my first year as an 8th grade English teacher.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Time Flies

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. One thing I'm learning about teaching is that time really flies by quickly! I'm so busy planning my work every day, then making sure it goes well in class that I never have time to stop and reflect on things (which is a core PBA philosophy :). It's true what they say about the first year of teaching, you will know exactly what you're doing as soon as it is over. But I think the students are learning a lot already, even if their are hiccups, and it will only get smoother as we go. The computer lab work is popular, and they will build a lot of skills that will help them in high school and college classes, we're learning tons of vocabulary, and they are even showing interest in grammar! Hope springs eternal.

I did get a small vacation out to Pismo Beach, but we took the wrong highway. It was the old route that was a narrow winding road through the mountains with no guard rails. Grace and Dazzlyn were so scared. But the party we went to was fun and it was great to get away from the heat for a day or two. Then yesterday we went to the circus. It was Dazzlyn and Grace's first time. There were elephants and tigers and acrobats. It was a great time. But now it's back to school work! Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home