The journal of my first year as an 8th grade English teacher.

Monday, September 5, 2011

TGI Labor Day

It's amazing what 1 extra days rest can do. When the bell rang at PBA on Friday afternoon the whole school seemed to let out a sigh and say, "Thank goodness." After the rush of the first 5 weeks of school (and trying to figure out what I am doing!) I needed the breather. To celebrate I did anything but labor. We had an awesome BBQ pool party for Grace's birthday (her 21st again). Junior and Daisy came down from Delano and Junior BBQed his spectacular ribs on the grill and Grace cooked up a ton of lumpia, pancit, and Philipine spread. I saw some friends from the MAT that I hadn't seen since graduation, and we all got to relax and let off some steam. To top it off college football opened and I got to lie around on the couch and catch some games. The perfect way to recharge the batteries and get ready to push the students through to their first expository essay (don't tell them though). Here's a couple shots from the night, we smoked up the clubhouse pretty bad with the bbq, Peace.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home